Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Awana

We are an Awana-lovin' family around our house! For those of you that might not know, Awana is a program offered through local churches that help children grow in their faith by memorizing and applying Scripture in their lives. I grew up in Awana...I began when I was a Cubbie (3 yrs old) and went all the way through Jr. High. I learned SO much through this program, and I still can recall many of the verses I "hid in my heart" at that young age. I can't tell you how many times God has helped me recall those verses during certain times in my life. I am SO thankful for Awana and what it has taught me about God's Word!

When we moved to Hot Springs, one of the first things we looked for in a church was that it offered Awana. There weren't many churches around here at the time that did, and we just didn't feel called to them. But, after joining Center Fork, we helped to push for the implementation of this program, and we were SO excited when it was up-and-going within a couple of years of us joining the church! And I am more excited than ever now that Madi is involved in it!

I am the director for the Sparky kids (K-2nd grade), and Andy is the director for the T&T boys (3rd-6th grade). I have had 34-36 kiddos in my group the last two weeks...WOW! They definitely keep me busy, but I have a lot of great leaders that work so hard with the kiddos. Madi is now in the Puggles club (for 2s and 3s), and she is just loving it! Here's some pictures of our family before Awana tonight. It was her first night to get to wear her Puggles shirt! :)





If you aren't involved in Awana but would like to be, hunt down a church that offers it or look into getting it going at your church! You won't regret it at all!

1 comment:

Neena said...

I love that she is enjoying Awana so much.She looks so precious in her little shirt!!