We tried to think of a unique way to tell our parents. We got them a picture frame that had the following typed on a sheet a paper where the picture goes: "Reserved for your first grandchild. Coming March 2009!" I wish we had pictures of when we told them! But since it was a surprise, we thought they would know something was up if we had a camera pointed at them when they opened their gifts.
My mom had just had surgery, so we told her and Daddy together in the hospital room...I think that helped speed her recovery! We told Jennifer's parents, two brothers (Josh and Caleb), and Mammaw later the same day. They were all excited. We saw my brother Jody and his new wife, Janee, later that evening at a wedding of one of our friends. After the wedding, we had a picture frame for them, too. They lit up as much as the other members of the family.
Our baby is about the size of a lime right now. Jennifer will be 12 weeks along tomorrow. That means two things: 1) we don't know yet if the baby is a boy or girl and 2) the first trimester is over! She's been a little sick, much more so the last several days. We hope that her sickness will pass with the first trimester. She's been so strong - even when she doesn't feel good at all, she has a smile on her face! God sure has blessed me with a wonderful wife!
Here's the picture at the top, plus three others taken at our first ultrasound.

The picture from above - this is our favorite. You can see the arms and legs pretty good!

In this picture, it looks like we have an alien! :)
They tried the 3-D ultrasound - the baby is there in the middle. Can't see much about him/her.

Here shows the heartbeat. 170 beats per minute - this is perfect!
We were totally amazed at how much the baby is moving around! We are so blessed. Please pray for us during this exciting time. We know and understand that life has changed and will not be the same. But we're ready to embrace what God has in store for us.
4 comments:
I'm so glad you guys got a blog!! I'm so excited for you two. Children are such a blessing. I can't wait till you find out if I should buy pink or blue! :) Love ya bunches.
So far, I think the baby looks like Andy. Hopefully that will change soon! Haha... just kidding. We're happy for you guys!
Todd
Well, that sweet baby's grandparents think he or she is just ADORABLE!! We can't wait until he or she arrives!! Love all three of you!!
Welcome to Blogland! I say don't find out what you are having. It is more fun not knowing the gender. I am excited for you two.
Post a Comment