Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Yet Another Change to Our Household

If you have not heard, I have a new job. I'm teaching accounting at a University nearby. This has been something I wanted to do for a while. When the opportunity came, I applied and got the job. I started class last Wednesday and am loving it! I got a lot of good experience from my previous job for the past 5 years and am very thankful for that. It is only a one-year appointment right now, but hopefully it will turn into a full-time job next year. If I decide that I want to stay in academia, I will most likey have to return to graduate school and pursue a PhD. But, we'll cross that bridge when we get there. As for now, my work schedule is much lighter and the job fits me perfectly.

Jennifer is still teaching 4th grade. She's also teaching piano and voice lessons this semester to kids at our church. Jennifer and I are both directors in AWANA, which is about to start back for this school year. And the quartet keeps us busy, too.

Change, although good, is a little stressful. But I think we've handled everything pretty well to this point. God is so good to us!

2 comments:

The Bewley's said...

Congrats Professor!!!

The Dickeys said...

sounds like you two have enough to keep you busy!