Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Big Girl Room!

We've had a busy last few days! Andy finished school last Wednesday, and since then I've kept him busy around the house! :) Last Thursday, we decided to switch Madi's room and the office to give her the larger room since her abundance of toys is quickly outgrowing our house. :) We decided we might as well switch her to her "big girl" bed at the same time. So, after two days of cleaning out, organizing, and decorating (a little), she is settled in her big girl room! Her room is definitely still a work-in-progress, but it is really beginning to take shape. Over the next few months, I hope to put back some money so we can finish with the decorating to make it really cute and fun for her!











And how did we do emotionally with switching her to her big girl bed??? It was a little tough, for sure. As Andy was taking down her baby bed and packing it away, we both had a good cry because we realized that our baby is not a baby anymore...she's quite an independent little girl. :( I definitely miss my cuddly little baby, but I'm very proud of the little girl she is becoming.


And she has been doing GREAT sleeping in her bed! I was nervous that she would get up and down all night long, but so far she has been sleeping through the night or only crying for me once or twice a night. She's sleeping better in this bed than she did in the crib!


I'll post more pictures as we finish getting her room all together. I've felt like I was a kid again, getting to decorate her room! It's been so fun, and I think our little princess is loving it too!

1 comment:

Neena said...

I love the new room!! I can't believe that my sweetie pie is old enough to sleep in a regular bed!! She is such a big girl!! I can't wait to keep her this weekend!! Papa Dale and I had fun shopping for her tonight!! Hope she'll have as much fun as we will!!