Our sweet, precious, crazy, fun kids mean the world to us, and these days they are really keeping us on our toes OR rolling on the floor laughing! Here are a few "funnies" from lately...
Micah
- Tonight as I was eating dinner after church (everybody else had eaten before but I had to be at church early), Micah was quietly playing on the floor in front of the fridge with the ABC magnets...or so I thought. I was happily eating my soup and just happened to glance back at him to find that he had opened Gracie's doggie treats and had one piece hanging out of his mouth and the rest poured all around the floor! Oh my! I don't think he ate any, but who knows?! He can get into some messes...and quick!
-I think we have a future major league baseball player on our hands. His new favorite thing to do is throw anything he can get his hands on, especially blocks or balls. You can hand him a basket of them and he will have them thrown all around the room in 30 seconds flat!
-He has begun letting his sister know when he is not happy with something she is doing. If she takes away a toy or bothers him when he's focused on something, he will grab her hair or shirt and yell, "AAHHH"! I can't help but laugh sometimes because he's been so laid back for so long and put up with SO much from her, but I think I'm in for some fun times in the next few months!
Madilyn
-The other day Micah and Madilyn were playing. Micah was not doing what Madilyn wanted him to do, so she yelled at Micah, "Be coppernation, Micah, PLEASE!" She's used this same word..."coppernation"...several times lately when Micah's not doing what he's supposed to. We think she means "cooperate" or "cooperation" or "cooperative". HA! Think she's heard us say that a few times to her?!
-A sweet story: Last week we started a chore chart where she has 4 chores to complete each day (brush her teeth, get dressed, make her bed, and feed Gracie). At the end of the week, she earns 4 quarters for completing her chores. She received her first 4 quarters and Andy explained about giving to Jesus, saving, and spending. She divided out her quarters into her 3 little piggy banks. Later she came and told me, "Mommy, Mrs. Sue and Mrs. Joy (her SS teachers) told us we need to give our money to missionaries, and I want to give my two quarters (her spending money) to the missionaries. And mommy...what's a missionary?" :)
-A few weeks ago we went over to a new friends' house to play. Madi was hiding behind my legs and being very shy when we first arrived. I told the girls that she would be ready to play soon but she just had to warm up. When I took her to the bathroom soon after, I said, "Madi, are you ready to go play with your new friends now?" She said, "Mama, I have to get a little warmer and then I'll be ready to play". Then, after about 10 minutes, she came running into the living room and exclaimed, "Mommy, I'm all warm now and am loving playing with my new friends!" :)
These kids of mine just melt my heart! I don't ever want to forget this stage in life, even when I'm ready to pull my hair out or go lock myself in my bedroom for the rest of the day! :) I love them both to pieces!
2 comments:
Oh, as usual, I LOVE this post! I remember as a kid rolling my eyes when Mom would bring up memories. Now I wish I could remember things more, but TOTALLY understand what she was doing & why she did it.
I also LOVE that we can watch each other's kids grow up through blog & Facebook....oh i heart technology!
Since the girls are now 5 1/2 & almost 3, I can tell you: you DEFINITELY have some fun & entertaining days ahead! HANG ON to those memories as they will come in handy, ESPECIALLY when you want to pull your hair out cause they are fighting.
I love reading this little stories and you'll be glad you wrote them down later. I'm sure there will be many more days when Micah pulls her hair or yells Ahhh!! I know I'm a little prejudice but I think these kids are completely precious!!
Post a Comment