Saturday, February 9, 2013

Madilyn

 
Where has my baby girl gone???  I feel like Madilyn has grown up SOOO much in the last 3 months or so.  I can't believe that in 3 weeks we will have a 4-year-old living in our house!
Madilyn's favorite thing each day is doing school. She absolutely loves it, and that excites this "teacher-momma" to no end! Here are just a few recent activities we've done...
Counting fun using marbles to make ladybug dots!


Making one of her crafts from her craft box that Neena and Papa Dale got her for Christmas

Review over her letters with a scavenger hunt!



Sorting and counting M&Ms (and snacking a little too!)



Another thing she loves is being outside!  Thankfully we've had a semi-warm winter and have gotten to spend a little time outside at least a couple of days a week. 


She loves pushing her baby brother in his swing!



Trying to "climb" our big pecan tree in the back yard




Just a-swanging!
 Madi and I got to go on a very special "Mommy-Daughter" date on Thursday night.  The traveling Broadway performance of "Beauty and the Beast" came to the Ford Center at Ole Miss, and our sweet daddy and hubby got us some tickets so we could go!  I told Madilyn about it a couple of weeks before the show, and she woke up every morning asking if it was Beauty and the Beast day!  She was VERY excited! 
I fixed her favorite dinner before we headed to the show...chicken and rice!
"This is good stuff, Mama!"

Us all dressed up and ready to go!

My beautiful girl!
We had a really fun time!  The costumes, acting and singing, and props were absolutely amazing!  THere were a few intense parts that scared her a bit, but overall I think she really enjoyed it!  It was just a really special time that I got to spend with my princess!
She is really just maturing so quickly these days.  I sat in tears last night as we tucked her into bed and said prayers together.  She bowed her head, sat so quietly, and said the sweetest little prayer to her Heavenly Father.  Gone are the days where we had to wrestle her to sit still during prayers.  She's just our little young lady now!
I'm so proud of the lovely little girl God is shaping her to be, and I pray that we can continue to give her Godly guidance as she grows.  She's a blessing to us!
 

1 comment:

A Sunshine Day said...

Oh this is just too precious!