Friday, February 15, 2013

Valentine's Day and a Few Random Things

We had a wonderful Valentine's Day yesterday!  Andy had an 8:00 class, but I got the kids up at 7 and we had a family breakfast before he left for school.  Their goodies awaited them! 
 
 
All the goodies!

Madi's stash

Micah's stash
 Last week, we ran to Dollar Tree to get cards and a few things, and Madi told me she wanted to buy a present for her daddy for Valentine's Day.  She used her own money from doing her chores to buy him a box of chocolates and a card!  I am amazed she kept it a secret until V-Day, and she was SO excited to give it to him!  Of course, it just melted her daddy's heart!

Checking out her cool card...that her daddy bought her...costing $5.50!  I buy my cards from Dollar Tree...who is the spender in our family???  :)

Micah checking out his cookies!  (And please excuse my crazy bedhair... it was EARLY!)  :)

Add caption

Madi enjoying her pink blueberry muffins (you can't really tell they are pink, but they were!)

Madi enjoying her Funshine Carebear and watching a carebear cartoon after breakfast
 We had our friend, Ashlyn, over to play for the morning because her mommy needed to attend her big sister's class party.  We had a good time together!  The girls made some Valentine foam picture frames, decorated cookies, and played, played, played!
This little girl LOVES Gracie!

Madi wanted her picture made with Micah!

Playing dressup!  Beautiful Rapunzel!

Two sweet friends!
After Ashlyn left, we met Andy at the park for a Chick-Fil-A picnic and had a great time!  Unfortunately I forgot to snap any pics.  :(
We spent the rest of our Valentine's Day just relaxing around the house.  I wasn't feeling real well (have a yucky cold), so Andy cooked supper and helped take care of the kids so I could rest a little.  He truly showed his "Valentine spirit" by being the sweet daddy and husband he is!
Just another couple of pics that we've taken lately...
My sweet kiddos before bed!  Love these little darlings!

My precious bathing boy! 

Look who is so proud that he can now pull himself up?! 
I'm very blessed with the best Valentine's babies and hubby I could have ever asked for!  Love them all so much!


1 comment:

A Sunshine Day said...

Other than the yucky cold, it sounds like you guys had a GREAT day!