Thursday, May 21, 2009

Things We've Learned the last 2 1/2 Months....

In addition to lovely pictures of our adorable baby girl, I thought I might update you all on things we've learned since we became parents. Althgouth, we're not really sure who "you" are because, as far as we know, nobody checks the blog anymore...at least we never get any comments... :)

But...just for my amusement, I suppose, here are 5 things (out of SEVERAL things) we've learned since we became parents 2 1/2 months ago:

1. We have learned what love really is...nobody can explain this - it's something you have to experience to know. We knew love to a certain degree when we got married - but a child takes love to a whole new level.

2. We have learned that we (especially Mommy) can function on little to no sleep...at least for a while.

3. We have learned that all sorts of info-mercials come on during the middle of the night...and you can be easily convinced at 2 am that you NEED that stuff.

4. We have learned that sometimes a baby just needs her Mama...I could do the SAME THING that Mama does and it DOESN'T work for me....but Mama has that "special touch."

5. We have learned to ALWAYS check the baby's hamper before loading the washing machine. Because sometimes in the middle of the night, the hamper can be mistaken for the diaper pail. Yes...we've learned that by experience...the hard way! :)

And now to the pictures.......






7 comments:

Ashley & Chuck said...

I still check your blog and have left several comments!! Unlike you, who nevers leaves a comment on my blog!! hehe I agree, parenthood is pretty awesome!

The Cornelisons said...

You will learn so much more! She's a precious little sweetie. I love your blog and seeing pictures of her.

Hester 5 said...

You may or may not remember me (Andy). I am from Hope, AR....used to go to church with Christi and Charlie Zumwalt...anyway, I have to comment because I LOVE LOVE the little pink outfit with the black/white (maybe they are navy, not sure) bloomers! That is adorable. Cute little girl too!!

Melissa said...

I love that pink sunflower outfit! She is ALWAYS dressed so cute!

The Dickeys said...

I love #3 and #5! I watch more tv when I have a newborn than I do at any other time. I wondered why you left a comment on my blog. Now I know!! Little Andy, I mean Madi, sure is cute!

Anonymous said...

Lots of people read your blog, we are just rude and don't always comment. We do talk about it at Prescott Elementary though. You have a very cute blog. Since I teach next door to your Mom she is ALWAYS ready to discuss lil' Madi.

Andy said...

Thanks for the comments!! :) We just like to know that the counter is going up because people are checking...not just because the grandmas are checking every 2 minutes to see if we've posted.. :)