Just wanted to ask everyone to pray for Madi. We've had an interesting week...
It all began Wednesday. When I picked her up from the nursery after Awana Wednesday night, her little hands were like ice and she just felt cold all over. I didn't think a whole lot about it and went ahead with bath and bed like normal. She woke up at 12:30, and as I was rocking her back to sleep, I noticed she felt even colder. I decided to take her temp and it was 95.7! Andy and I checked the internet and books we had, and everything we read said get her to the ER immediately! So, we took off and spent 4 hours in the ER that night getting bloodwork done and other tests run. She and I cuddled on the hospital bed under a warm blanket and watched cartoons, and she eventually warmed up to 97.4 before we left. The tests showed that her lymphocytes were high which seems to suggest some sort of virus, but one of the tests for her thyroid function also came back a little high too. So, the doctor told us to schedule an appointment with our doctor for the following day and get his opinion on what we should do.
After meeting with Dr. Slay the next morning, he really assured us that he thinks it's a weird virus that she is suffering from. He didn't seem real concerned about the possibility of hypo-thyroidism because she has been growing at regular rates and is not acting like a child who has thyroid issues. However, we are going to recheck her labs in a month and make sure things haven't gotten any worse.
Madi's temp was up all day yesterday (PTL!), but last night in the middle of the night it was at 95.7 again. I put her in bed with us and cuddled under the comforter. She eventually began feeling warmer about 6:00 this morning, and by the time we got up her temp was 97.2 again. It has risen since then and is now normal. We are really praying that things are okay, but this is a little scary! We would really appreciate your prayers for healing for her and a peace for us. It's scary not being able to get any definite answers from the doctor! We'll keep you posted on what we find out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Keeping you all in my prayers!! I can only imagine your fears and concerns. Being a mommy can sometimes be a wee bit scary. You want to protect your "baby" from harm and illness and you have this overwhelming desire to do whatever it takes.
Praying for peace and solid answers.
Post a Comment