She was a little unsure at first, so I stayed close by her side for a few minutes. They had Valentine's cookies first and then began to sing. She just sat there quietly taking in everything! Pretty soon I asked her if she wanted to sit in a big chair by Ryan (who didn't really stay in the chair, but that's okay!), and of course she said "yes". Anything Ryan does is cool! :) She sat right down, but she still had to turn around occasionally to make sure Mama was still around. After just a few minutes of this, I decided I'd try to leave and see how she did, and she blew me a kiss and I left with NO crying! It was so sweet!
After Cherub Choir, they tried to take her back to the toddler nursery, but she wanted to go to the "big kids" Sunday School with Ryan, so they let her go try it out! Ms. Wanda, their teacher, said she acted like she'd been in there her whole life...didn't fuss and obeyed very well! She stayed all the way through Sunday School and through Children's Church and did great! I am so proud that we made this adjustment so well today!
It really feels like just yesterday I was taking her to the infant nursery for the first time, dropping her off with strict instructions for bottletimes, naptimes, playtimes, etc. :) Then it was a big step moving her up to the toddler nursery where things were a lot more fast-paced. Now, I can't believe my baby girl (or my little girl, as I should appropriately call her) is moving up to Sunday School! Time has flown by way too fast, but I'm so proud of the little girl she's becoming. We love her more and more each day!
1 comment:
I am like you. It is fantastic that she is growing up but where did our little baby doll go? I know we wouldn't have it any other way but it does seem like we have just turned around and she is so grownup!! I love that sweetheart so much!! Neena and Papa Dale are so proud of our big girl!!
Post a Comment