Sunday, March 6, 2011

Minnie Mouse Party!

On Saturday, we celebrated Madi's 2nd birthday at our church gym with many of our family and friends! We all had such a great time, and Madi really seemed to enjoy herself!
Here are some of the decorations. I was able to use my Cricut to make a lot of the posters, banners, and table decorations, and it was SO much fun! I thought it all turned out really cute!



Here's the precious birthday girl waiting for everybody to arrive!

The gift table after everybody arrived...do you think this little girl racked up or what?!?!?

Opening presents! She stayed so still and opened every single gift, and she looked at each person after she opened their present and told them, "Tank you!" I was really surprised and so proud that she did this!

The kiddos playing hard!

Everybody singing happy birthday to the birthday girl! She sang the song to herself several times that day! :)

Madi (I mean, Mommy) blowing out the candles!

The cupcakes! I wanted to save money this year on Madi's party, so instead of ordering her a cake or attempting to make one myself (which would have been a disaster, I'm sure), I decided to go with cupcakes. I made the minnie toppers with my cricut and spent all morning baking and icing cupcakes. It was actually a lot of fun, and I was pretty proud of the final result! And they tasted good too! :)

We are so thankful to have such wonderful family and friends to make Madi's day so special! Andy put together a slide show of Madi's 2nd year, and I'll post it on here a little later. We love our little 2-year old and really enjoyed celebrating her 2nd birthday!

2 comments:

Ashley & Chuck said...

You did a great job Jennifer!! The decorations were so cute! Looks like she had a great time!

Neena said...

The party was so cute!! Everything was just so precious!! You did a great job planning it out!! She was a little doll as usual!! I really enjoyed her singing Itsy Bitsy Spider for us after the party. She is such a mess!! Love that girl!!