Psalms 27:14 - Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the Lord.
Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths.
We are in a season of waiting these days. Some days are relatively easy, and others are tough. We are waiting patiently (as best we can!) for God to make His way clear for us in so many circumstances...our future plans, Micah's birth, and several other "smaller" issues that seem to be puzzling us these days. We know His timing is perfect and His plans are not always our own, and we are just trying to patiently wait for His Will to be made known to us. Please pray for us during this period of waiting!
God seems to be teaching me patience in interesting ways these days! :) Last Wednesday, after arriving home from Awana, I just wasn't feeling too well and decided to check my blood pressure just to make sure it was okay. It was significantly higher than it had been my whole pregnancy, so I just took it easy the rest of teh evening and went to bed early. The next morning, it seemed to be down, so I didn't think a whole lot about it and went on with my plans for the day. Before we left to run errands, I checked it again, and it had spiked back up to where it was the previous night. I decided to call the nurse, mainly to just be reassured that it really wasn't that high and that everything was okay. She had me lie on my left side for 30 minutes and check again. It went down some during that time, but not enough, so she wanted to see me on the following day. After seeing the doctor and discussing things with him, he felt like the best solution would be for me to "take it easy" for the next couple of weeks and see what happens. Not exactly what this mama wanted to hear!
I definitely want to do whatever I need to to keep Micah safe and healthy and let him grow a little more before he enters our world, but I have not been on top of preparing for his arrival like I was with Madilyn, and I had A LOT of things crammed into the next few weeks! Andy has already been a huge help...we've gotten a lot of the little things done this weekend, like getting most of his room prepared and settled! I absolutely love the way it's turned out!
Andy and Madilyn also did a little shopping for Micah for those "necessities" like bottles, pacis, diapers, wipes, etc. I am so thankful to have such a helpful husband who takes time out of his absolutely CRAZY schedule to help make me feel better by getting those little things done!
Thankfully my wonderful church shower was last Sunday, and boy, did we have a wonderful time and get some great stuff!
Madi was so excited about all of Micah's great gifts! 
She really loved this soft blanket he got! :)
She even got a few presents of her own!
All of my hostesses! Thanks girls, for a great shower!
We are really anxious for Micah's arrival and to hold our precious baby boy in our arms! Please just pray that he will "stay put" for a couple more weeks and that I will be able to keep this pesky blood pressure down!
1 comment:
We are all having trouble waiting on that sweetheart to get here but we want him to have all the time he needs to get here healthy. The shower was just wonderful!! The nursery is just precious!! Two or three weeks will pass quickly!!(Hopefully!!)
Post a Comment