Sunday, March 4, 2012

The Big "3"

Our big girl is now 3-years-old! Wow...it seems like just yesterday we were bringing home our precious bundle of joy. I know I say that same thing every year for her birthday, but it just seems so surreal how fast she is growing up!
Last night we had a small family party at our house for Madi. We had decided to do a small party this year, and after being put on bed rest, I was very thankful we had made that decision! Andy was SUCH a great help (actually, he did pretty much everything!) at getting the house cleaned and decorated for the party. I can't even begin to describe how blessed I feel to have him right now!
We went with a simple Dora theme this year. Madi is really into Dora right now!
Aunt Janee made the precious birthday cake for the birthday girl! It looked absolutely awesome and tasted as great as it looks! Thanks a lot, Janee!
Madi was so excited all day about her guests arriving. She had her cousin Brailyn and her best friend Ryan over for her party as well as the grandparents and aunts and uncles on both sides. It was fun!
Trying to get a cute picture of the cousins is quite an adventure! :)
A family pic before Madi blew out her candles and ate cake! This is our typical girl...tongue out! That's something we're working hard on this year! :)

Time to be sung to and blow out the candles! She blew them out all by herself this year!
Present time!
Lovin' the ladybug dress her Neena and Papa Dale got her!
Checking out her gifts...she loved them!
And the big present from Mommy and Daddy...a princess scooter! I know we'll have hours of fun with this one!
We took the kiddos outside to let each of them ride the scooter for a few minutes. Madi was a little overwhelmed with all of the attention and didn't want to ride for long in front of everybody. However, she was up before church this morning begging to ride, so I think that's what we'll be doing when she and her Daddy get home today! :)
I thank everybody for all of their help! I'm still having a really tough time letting other people do stuff for me and telling others what needs to be done, but I am so thankful for everybody helping to make our precious girl's day so special for her! This year will hold a lot of changes and adjustments for her as she welcomes her baby brother into her life, but I know she'll do great and will continue to grow into a sweet young lady!

1 comment:

Neena said...

We sure had fun at Madi's party! It doesn't seem like we've had that sweet little darling for 3 years!! Boy time sure does fly when you are having so much fun!!