Last Thursday, Andy had an accounting educator's conference to attend in Nashville, and the kids and I tagged along for some fun! My Uncle Bruce and Aunt Donna were so gracious to host us for the weekend, and we had a BLAST!
We arrived late Thursday evening and visited for just a little bit with my uncle, who was flying out to Oklahoma the following morning. We woke up on Friday, Andy headed to his conference, and the kids, Aunt Donna, and I took off for the Nashville zoo!
 |
| Madilyn loved the reptile/amphibian house! I think she would have stayed in there for hours! |
 |
| Taking a break from walking to sit on Micah's stroller! He was so sleepy at this point that I think he liked having her back to lean on! :) |
 |
| Aunt Donna and Madi posing in front of the zebras! Madi really hit it off with Aunt Donna! |
 |
| Telling us all about the red pandas in the cage |
 |
| A little sibling love (or squishing)! |
 |
| Madilyn posing in front of her favorite animals...the pink flamingos! She loved them because she had on pink and matched them! |
 |
| Madi and I in front of the giraffes. They were so neat! |
 |
| One HUGE giraffe! |
 |
| "Help! I'm in bamboo prison!" |
We really had a perfect day at the zoo...perfect weather, a bunch of animals to see, and fun people to be with! We then headed to the Opry Mills mall and killed some time before Andy got out of his meeting. We then ate a delicious dinner at Chuy's mexican restaurant and headed back to Aunt Donna's house!
Andy was in meetings until noon on Saturday, so we just hung around the house and walked down to the neighborhood park to play.
 |
| Micah enjoyed swinging with Aunt Donna! |
We then headed home after Andy got back. It was a whirlwind trip but oh so much fun for us! Definitely a "change of pace" from our low-key days around here!
Let me close with a precious picture of our princess before church on Sunday. I'm loving her springtime dresses! Doesn't she look so grown up?
No comments:
Post a Comment