Saturday, May 18, 2013

My Birthday at the Circus!

Yesterday was my birthday, and it was such a special one!  First off, Micah and Madilyn slept ALL NIGHT and Andy let me sleep in until 8:30!  That's the most sleep I've had in months!  Then I woke up and cuddled with my babies while my hubby made me some delicious breakfast casserole muffins!  Then I got dressed and did a little shopping ALL BY MYSELF!  I really didn't know how to shop without constantly saying, "Madi, stay close to me" or "Micah, don't grab the clothes."  :)
I made it home for lunch and naptime, and then we all got ready for the most exciting part of the day...a trip to the circus!  Here we are all ready to go!
 
 
Me and my loves!
 We had really good seats and were so excited for the show to begin!  However, once it got started, Madi was a little "overwhelmed" by all of the lights, noise, and action going on.  I bet she said 100 times, "Mommy, I want to go home"!  It always takes her a while to adjust to new and different situations.  I was afraid our night was a complete flop... :(
The opening act

My favorite act...the camels and horses!

The flaming arrow thrower!  This was so intense!

The crazy motorcycle riders!  This made me nervous too!
 but at intermission, I told her that we were half-way through the show, and she looked at me and said, "Mommy, this is so much fun!  I'm having a blast!"  Oh, that girl of ours!  :)  From then on out she was happy and clapping and enjoying herself!  She's such a funny girl...once she decides in her mind that everything's okay and nothing's going to scare her, then she is perfectly fine a situation.  But there is no talking or convincing her of that until she is ready to believe it!  :)
We got some cotton candy at intermission and got a free pink hat!  Madi said Daddy HAD to try it on. :)

Pretty in pink!

These kiddos INHALED their cotton candy!

What circus would be complete without elephants?  Another one of my favorite parts!
 
We ended up having such a fun evening and a great end to my birthday celebration!  So thankful that we were able to make precious memories as a family!

No comments: