Monday, June 10, 2013

BEACH Vacation!

Last week we spent an AMAZING week at the beach with my family!  It was the kids' first time to visit the beach, and we quickly discovered that they love it just as much as we do!  Of course, it helps to have Gran and Gramps there to spoil them a little bit! 
Here's a picture recap of our first few days...
 
We split up our traveling on the way down there (and I am SO glad we did), so we arrived in Fort Walton a little early on Saturday.  We decided to kill some time by playing Goofy Golf before checking into our condo!  I played at this same golf course when I was Madi's age (I'll have to hunt down some pics soon to compare!)
Our crew!

Madi giving it a try!

She got a hole-in-one!!!

I got TWO holes-in-one...and still lost!  That tells you that they were merely pure luck!  :)

Madi played for the first 5-6 holes, and then she decided to climb on the animal statues.  :)
 We killed a little more time at the ice cream shop, and then we headed to our condo!  I wish I had taken some good pictures of it, but I didn't.  :(  It was a GREAT place for us all to stay...very spacious, and the master bedroom (where we slept with the kids) was absolutely perfect for us!  Madi slept on a roll-away bed in the HUGE closet, and Micah slept in his pack-n-play in the corner of our room.  :)
We quickly settled in and got ready to have an evening swim in the lazy river/pools! 
One excited little girl!

The beautiful view of the bay right off our porch!

Think they're excited?!?!
 We swam and checked the place out and then rested up for the next morning...beach time!
Madi Kaye is ready for the beach!

Madi's first "feel" of the water...she LOVED it!

Micah checking out the sand...he loved it too!

"Hey...this is fun, mama!"

Give the boy a car or truck, and he's happy!

Our beautiful view for the morning!

Madi and Gran building sandcastles!

Micah taking a mid-morning nap.  The heat and water wore him out, and both kids slept SOOO good every nap and bedtime!

My little fish!
 
We were so thankful that the kids LOVED the beach!  Everybody always says that most kids either love it or hate it, and I'm so glad ours enjoyed it.  Madi probably spent at least 2 hours every day playing in the sand, and she also loved the water.  She's my true beach baby!
We got into a routine of spending the morning at the beach, heading to the pool/splash garden for an hour or so, and then heading back to teh room for a late lunch and nap.  Then in the evenings we would either go out to eat or cook at the condo and go play in the lazy river and pools. 
That's a wrap-up of our first couple of days!  Stay tuned for the next few days' recap!


1 comment:

Neena said...

I love the cool sunglasses for Madi and the precious little hat for Micah!! So glad they loved the beach!!