Ever since we found out we were expecting Madilyn, almost every "experienced" parent we've talked to has said, "Enjoy them while they're young because they grow up way too fast." While I've smiled and said, "so true" and "I will" in response to each of these comments, deep down I didn't really comprehend what they meant. However, over the last few weeks God has really been showing me how truly fast our precious ones are growing and how important it is to make EVERY moment count with them. Just a few ways they've grown up in the past weeks...
We turned Micah around from his rear-facing carseat to front-facing. I bawled the whole way to the park on the first day he rode like a "big boy"!
 |
| Micah's first time in the carseat |
 |
| His first ride front-facing! |
Madilyn was also "promoted" to only wearing the seatbelt strap, not the harness!
 |
| Madilyn's first car seat ride |
 |
| First time turned around facing front |
 |
| Big girl! |
Our precious Cubbie finished her first year of Cubbies!
 |
| 1st Night of Cubbies - Fall 2012 |
 |
| Last Night of Cubbies - Spring 2013 |
Here are a few pictures from the closing ceremony.
 |
| Waiting patiently for her turn to receive her award |
 |
| The best we could get...the commander said it was like "herding cats" when the cubbies came up for their awards! :) |
 |
| So proud that she earned her Cubbie Bear for finishing her first book! |
 |
An up close look at Cubbie bear
|
I want to cherish every single moment I have with these blessings. I'm SO thankful and incredibly blessed that God has allowed me to stay home with them while they are young. I really try not to take any of this time with them for granted. Even on those days where I want to pull my hair out or think, "Will we EVER get out of this fit-throwing stage?" or "Will I EVER have a clean house again?", I really try my best to realize that these stages go by oh so quickly, and my job is to shape these precious ones into what God wants them to be. Feeling so thankful and blessed by God!
2 comments:
Oh my goodness Jen! Make us al cry! :) It's so crazy how much she has grown just from the fall of last year! Ready to see y'all!
It does just seem like yesterday when we brought those little darlings home!! I can't believe they have grown so much just since you moved to Oxford!! We get to see them ever so often and Facetime with them but it still amazes me at how much they have changed. I sure do love those baby dolls!!
Post a Comment