Monday, June 15, 2009

A Day in the Life of Madi Kaye

Today I thought I would just write about our basic schedule and routines around the house. I know probably the only people that will enjoy reading this is the grandmas, but I want to write it in a blog post so I can look back on it someday (I'm not doing so hot with the baby book...this blog might end up being our "baby book" for Madi!).
Our morning usually begins around 6 or 7. We eat first thing and then play for a few minutes in our bouncy seat while mommy eats breakfast. Then we go wake daddy up for the day and usually try to go for a morning walk (if it's not too warm).
After that, it's usually about time for our mid-morning nap. We nap for about 30 minutes to an hour and then it's time to play hard! We spend time on a pallet in her room or in her Bumbo seat playing with toys and "talking" to each other. We also usually watch a little Baby Einstein during this time too when we get tired of floor time. Around 11:30 or 12, we usually begin getting a little fussy and ready for our nap. Madi usually sleeps for 2-2 1/2 hours for a good afternoon nap, and she wakes up ready to play and go!
During the afternoon we usually play on a pallet again, run errands around town, or just play in our bouncy or with our floor gym. We usually take another small nap around 4:30 or 5, and then we eat dinner and go for another short walke. Then we have some "cuddle" time during the evenings. Around 8:45 we get our bath and get ready for bed. We then eat and usually fall asleep while we're eating. We head to bed around 9:00 or 9:15 and sleep anywhere from 6-9 hours at a time! After Madi goes to bed, mommy does a few things around the house and spends some time with daddy and then we head to bed around 10:30 or so.
That's a day in the life of Madi! I love my little girl so much and enjoy every minute I have with her! She's so special!
I'll close with some pics from the week:



One of my latest creations...a bow holder for Madi! I'm definitely NOT going into the business of making these because I have very little artistic talent, but it serves the purpose well! :)

The big bows are apparently the "in" thing, but I'm just not so sure about them. What do you think?


Daddy and Madi time!We've been having to drink a little pear juice for a few days for some "issues" we're having (won't go in to details), and Madi seems to enjoy holding her own bottle! She had it propped up perfectly with both her hands! :)

1 comment:

Ashley & Chuck said...

Good job on the bow holder!! I made Karis one too but it so overflowing with bows. I need to make her another one! And I'm a fan of her big red bow! I don't think it is too big. Some bows can be too big but that one wasn't!