Sunday, June 21, 2009

My First Father's Day

What a great Father's Day!! I am so blessed by a wonderful, precious, cutie-pie daughter! I'm also very blessed with a beautiful, loving, sweet wife that helps the little one with a sweet present! :) Below are pictures of my presents today....

This is the picture fram that Madilyn got me....it's personalized and everything!! :) Isn't she so sweet?!?!? I did a close up of this one so you could read the writing.

In the interest of space, I'm putting all the gifts and cards together. The card and frame on the left are from Madi. The card and Bible on the right are from Jennifer.

The Bible is a Chronilogical Study Bible. It puts the books of the Bible in historical order. It is supposed to be a great study tool....it also has historical facts of the time periods interjected between passages. I'm very excited about it! Let me give you a little history.....for those who don't know, the way I proposed to Jennifer was presenting her a Bible with "Jennifer Almand" engraved on it. (I know...that was very presumptuous of me....but I had a feeling she'd say "Yes!") Inside, I wrote how the Bible should be the center of our marriage. Well...she got me this for Father's Day and wrote a sweet letter that the Bible should be the focus of our parenthood. Very sweet, isn't she? :)

For the first time, Madi giggled today! :) It was so sweet! She has made "laughing noises" for a while now, but she actually giggled at Jennifer. She also rolled over from her tummy to her back for the first time on the floor! :) She's rolled over on the couch and on the bed a few times, but those are inclined a little. So, this was a big step today!

Madi is also getting to be very curious! She loves checking things out. Here's a picture of her checking out a toy on her exersaucer.


Now a couple of things to brag on Jennifer. One of Jennifer's teacher friends gave her a wooden desk a few years ago to use in her room at school. Since she's not going to teach for a while, she had to bring a lot of stuff home....the desk being one of them. She got the bright idea to paint that desk white and put in Madi's room where we could put stuffed animals and toys. Here's the finished product. She did a great job! And saved money - now we don't have to buy a toy chest...at least for a while! :)

Jennifer's mom also gave her a wooden quilt rack that Jennifer painted white and hung in the room. Here's a picture of it.
That quilt was made by my Nanny. You may or may not remember, but Nanny passed away this past November. Now, all her grandchildren and most of (if not all of) the great-grandchildren had at least one quilt made especially for them. Of course, Madi wasn't born when Nanny passed. But Nanny knew that she was on the way and knew she was a girl that we were naming her Madilyn. When my mom and her brother and sister were cleaning out Nanny's house last week, they came across this quilt. This quilt wasn't set aside for anyone...but isn't it a perfect quilt for Madilyn? Mama, Aunt Joyce and Uncle Troy thought so, so they gave it to Madi so she'd have a Nanny quilt. I couldn't be more proud!!

This was a long post....I just haven't posted in a while, so I had a lot to say! And I wanted to brag on my sweet girls....I love them both so much! It's been a GREAT FIRST FATHER'S DAY!!

3 comments:

Ashley & Chuck said...

I'm glad you had a great 1st Father's Day!! That is great that Madi got a Nanny quilt! It looks a lot like mine. She let me pick out the colors when I was about 8 or so and I picked teal and peach! She tried to talk me out of it but I insisted on those colors. Now, I don't like the colors together but cherish the quilt she made me. I like the story of it too! :)

The Cornelisons said...

Happy 1st Father's Day. I hope you'll always remember (and how could you not with those sweet little gifts)!

The Dickeys said...

I love the Nanny quilt! It really makes me miss her. Glad your first father's day was so great! I can tell that little girl has you wrapped around her finger!