WOW! That's all I can say...our baby girl is now 9 MONTHS old! I can't believe how fast she is growing and changing these days. Yesterday was our doctor's checkup, and she now weighs 18 lb. 10 oz. (50th percentile) and is 28 3/4 in. long (90th percentile). Developmentally she is right on track. The doctor did hear a heart murmur yesterday which just completely took me by surprise and put me in panic mode, but he quickly reassured me that he really didn't think there was any problem at all. Apparently these are very common in children...in fact I read online that almost everyone has one at least some time in their lives. The doc said the #1 thing they look for that shows there might be a problem with the heart is stunted or lack of growth, and Madi is not showing any sign of that. He said he really didn't see any need for us to see a cardiologist...he's just going to monitor it when we come in for checkups. Please pray that this is something minor that she will outgrow soon. Also pray for Madi's mommy and daddy...we both are worriers and sometimes have a hard time giving things completely over to God.
Madi is at such a fun age right now! Here are some of her favorite things to do these days:
1. Still LOVES to play in her crib! She is pulling up all the time, and she's started a new game of pulling up and then plopping down as hard as she can on the mattress. She'll also cruise all the way around the bed, stopping to play with her soother or mobile for a while. I told Andy that I'm not sure our crib is going to make it through having another child because it has been used so much by Madi!
2. LOVES running around the house in her walker...she can go fast nowadays, and she's learned how to avoid furniture and turn herself around.
3. LOVES to clap and play "pat-a-cake".
4. Likes to eat...she's definitely our child! :)
5. Loves going places. She really seems to get bored at home sometimes.
6. Loves the church nursery. This is such a blessing!
7. Enjoys sitting in front of the patio door watching Gracie outside. She'll pull up on the door and just bang on it to get her attention!
8. Likes playing with tupperware and kitchen utensils...who needs fancy toys???
9. Loves anything that makes noise!
10.Loves sitting on a pallet or in her room playing with toys and with mommy.
We love our precious darling so much and enjoy every minute with her!
1 comment:
Enjoyed the update on Ms. Cutie! I thought I would let you know, our doctor also found a murmur with Luke's heart at 18 mo. He had a ultrasound and the cardiologist said it was nothing. We read the same thing you did that most kids have a murmur at sometime during childhood. But I will be praying for you all as she is has follow up visits.
Post a Comment