Thursday, February 3, 2011

Li'l Stinker

That's our affectionate nickname for our little girl these days! No pictures on this post but just a couple of funny stories!
Thursday of last week was NOT a good day for us. Madi was EXTREMELY fussy all day and I could not leave her sight, and it seemed like everything she touched ended up spilling, breaking, or falling. That only added to the crazy emotions of my precious 23-month-old! So, needless to say, by the time Daddy got home, Mommy was going a little crazy! Daddy took over for a while and let me have some time to myself. Madi was playing quietly when I heard Andy say, "Oh no, Madi, you're about to..." and then I heard a "crack". Madi had broken her MagnaDoodle! I walked in the living room and was just about to say something to her when she looked up at me and said, "Uuuuuh....Madi Kaye Almand!" (I can't quite get the sound I want by typing it, but just know that she used her "mama" tone and sounded just like me!). I guess she had heard me say that so many times that day that she knew what was coming! :)
She did the same thing yesterday. She was playing in Gracie's dogfood bowl (our constant battlefield STILL), and I walked over and said, "Who made this mess?" She used that same tone of voice and said the same words like she was getting onto herself. :) Sometimes you just can't help but laugh at her funny little antics!
Getting Madi to sleep is also a struggle these days. I am still rocking her to sleep every night, which I have LOVED...until lately. It is becoming harder and harder to get her to settle down. She wants to squirm, sing, talk, or make noises for at least 30 minutes before she finally crashes in my arms. No amount of spankings (usually 2-3 per rocking!) seems to get her attention. But, when she notices I'm losing my patience with her as we're rockins, she'll start kissing my cheek or putting her arms around my neck and squeezing tight. Who can resist that? So...I guess I'll keep up the rocking for another month or so at least. :)
Despite some tough and trying days, I love my little girl more everyday! She melts my heart and I wouldn't trade her for the world!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just feeling those sweet arms going around your neck and getting those sweet kisses is enough to make you want to continue rocking until she is 5!!Lol I don't know how old babies are supposed to be when you stop rocking but just do it as long as you want to!! We won't tell anybody!!

Neena said...

That was me again. I forgot to add my name again!! I guess my sometimers is kicking in!!