Thursday, April 14, 2011

Easter Comes to Life for Our 2-year old

We are getting ready for our big Passion Play this weekend at church (I know...it's the weekend before Easter, but we decided to do it early this year). For the past two Wednesday nights, we have had dress rehearsals after Awana. Andy plays the piano and I sing in the choir, so Madi has had to sit out in the audience with one of our sweet teenage girls to watch us rehearse. Last night I watched her as everything began to come together. She was completely enthralled by the production! She sat completely still and watched the whole show. I was anxious to ask her what she saw and see what her little mind was thinking.
This is our dialogue about it all:

Madi: "I saw Jesus, Mommy!"
Me: "I know you did, baby. What did you see Jesus do?"
Madi: (quiet for a few seconds) "People all better." (Guessing she was referring to the healing scene)
Me: "Yes, Jesus made those people feel all better. What else happened?"
Madi: "Bad guys get Jesus." (The beating and crucifixion scene)
Me: "Yes, those were some mean men, weren't they? They were mean to Jesus but He still loved them."
Madi: "Go to heaven." (referring to the heaven scene)
Me: "Jesus did go to heaven, didn't He?"
Madi: "Madi Kaye Almand go to heaben (heaven) too!"
Me: "Yes, baby! You're going to go to heaven someday, and mommy and daddy are going to go too!"
Madi: "Someday soon?"
Me: "Probably so, baby!"

I have to tell you, this conversation just melted my heart. I am amazed at her simple understanding of the gospel at 2 YEARS OLD! I'm so thankful that we serve a Savior that died and rose again for us so we do have the assurance of going to "heaben" someday! :)

2 comments:

Kim said...

So sweet!!! :)

Neena said...

That just makes me cry!! That is so completely precious!! Andy told me what she said and now reading it just brings more tears to my eyes!! I love that sweet darling!!