We have hit a very fun (and sometimes very trying!) stage of development with Madi. The things she says and does on a daily basis keep us ROLLING! Here are just a few funnies from lately that I can remember...
Some of our best "conversations" happen in her bed or our bed first thing in the morning. One morning last week, we all slept in and were cuddling in our bed as we woke up, and out of the blue, Madi tooted and then said "Where toots come from?" Andy and I looked at each other and just laughed, and I told her they came from our booties (probably not the best answer as I now reflect on that). Later that day, when Andy was retelling the story to his mom, I asked Madi where toots came from, and she said "Many places, little one." HA! She has a book that is called "Where Do Kisses Come From?" and the answer to that question is "Many places, little one." :)
At VBS one evening, her buddy Cara came up and gave her a great big hug, and Madi hugged her back and told everybody, "Madi and Cara falling in love." :) Now, where she heard this phrase from, I am not sure. The only thing I can think of is when she watches "Lady and the Tramp" and they begin eating the spaghetti together, I tell her that they are falling in love. Does she pick up on stuff or what?!?! :)
Of course, she is still best buddies with Ryan Coke. I hear his name at least 10 times a day! Today he came over for a little while this morning to play, and Madi and Ryan ended up in her bed together. Better watch these two! :)
After he left and we were blessing our lunch, Madi's prayer was, "Jesus, thank you (for) my chicken and rice and for MY Ryan. Amen!"
As I was putting on Madi's playclothes one morning, she noticed that she had on a pink shirt and I had one on also. She looked at me and said, "Eat twinkies, Mama!" I guess she meant to say that we were twinkies, but she knew that Twinkies were also yummy things to eat! I rather like her new saying! :)
And one more cute thing...she has started getting SO excited when her daddy comes home from work. For a long time now, she has been such a mama's girl, but she is really beginning to enjoy her special daddy time! When he gets home everyday, she follows him around, and will often run up to him, hug him really big, and say "Glad you're home, Daddy!" This just melts her daddy's heart, of course!
We love our precious, funny girl! We definitely have some trying days during this "2-yr-old" phase, but the funniness definitely outweighs the drama! :)
1 comment:
Cuteness is just not the word for this precious smart baby doll!! Neena would not be one bit prejuidice!!! I love hearing all of her little sayings. She is such a joy!!!
Post a Comment