Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Pumpkin Patch 2012

The kids and I took off to Cedar Hill Farm today for some fall fun!  I was a little nervous about taking both kids over an hour away by myself for the day, but we made it just fine and had a BLAST!
 
 
Getting ready to enter the farm...both so excited!
Watching the chicken coop show!  The chicken puppets gave all kinds of fun farm facts!


Feeding a friendly goat!



and a sheep...
and a mule...
whose name happened to be Andy!  HA!  (Yes, I can definitely make some wonderful jokes here, but I'll refrain!)  :)


Micah's first time to swing!  He wasn't so sure this time because it was past naptime and the sun was in his eyes.

Fun in the sandbox
Going down the big slide all by herself!  This was the first of about 20 times!

Headed to the pumpkin patch on a hayride!

As soon as the tractor started, this little boy gave it up!

She loved this "real scarecrow", as she called it.

Playing on the fun pirate ship

Picking the perfect pumpkin

Can you see that she has her finger on her cheek saying, "hmmm...which one should I pick?"  She is definitely her Daddy's child.  I bet she picked up at least 25 of them and spent 20 minutes deciding which one was perfect!

We found it!
Protecting her pumpkin on the way back to the farm

A little slushie snack before heading home

And Mommy let me enjoy a little slushie too...yum, yum!
 We had a wonderful day together at the pumpkin patch!  The only thing that could have made it better would have been to have our daddy with us!  :( Oh...and cooler temps so we didn't get a little sunburned!  If you're ever close to Memphis or Oxford during the fall, head on over to Hernando, MS to the Cedar Hill farm!  You'll have a blast just as we did!



2 comments:

Neena said...

The mule was named Andy but I think the female donkey is called a Jennie!! Just kidding!! I am so glad you all had such a great time!! Those little dolls looked like they were having so much fun!!

A Sunshine Day said...

I didn't realize we were that close together! Cedar Hills is not too far from us....we live about 45 minutes east of Memphis & go down to Sardis, MS often to go fishing. We haven't been to Cedar Hills yet, but I would like to. I LOVE your Blog!