Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Christmas Festivities

 
We've been getting in the Christmas spirit!  This past weekend was our Christmas program at church.  The church rents out the Ford Center on the Ole Miss Campus and puts on a BIG show with a 100 voice choir and a large orchestra! I was not able to participate this year, but Andy was in the choir, 2 quartet numbers, and a men's ensemble song.  He had a blast!  The kids and I attended the Saturday night performance.  Here they are all dressed up and waiting for tthe show to begin!
The choir/orchestra did a lot of fun Christmas numbers in the first half, and then they turned the focus on the real reason of Christmas after the intermission.  Last I heard, there were 46 professions of faith made!  What a great way to celebrate the season!
I posted a video on facebook that a friend took of the men's ensemble singing "12 Days of Christmas", but I couldn't get it to load on here.  I'll try again later!
 
We've been a little "puny" around here with a yucky cold, but we couldn't miss the Oxford Christmas parade on Monday evening!  We met up with some friends and enjoyed a great parade!  Madi Kaye and Micah were glued to the excitement!
 
Madi's favorite...the Rebel Bear!

The local animal hospital had a bunch of animals dressed up...isn't this a cute reindeer?  :)
 Micah made it about 3/4 of the way through completely enthralled with everything, but then he just needed some cuddle time with Mama!  That was a lot of noise and excitement for an 8-mo-old!
 Madi Kaye was soaking it all in!  She got so excited everytime a new float or group would come by!
 We are not sure what this was all about...maybe a true representation of most of Mississippi?!?!  :)
 The parade was held on North Lamar Street, a very beautiful and historical neighborhood full of big houses decorated for Christmas.  This one was my favorite!!!

 Have I said how much I love this time of year?!  We have a lot more fun Christmas things planned over the next couple of weeks!  Can't wait to share them with you!


2 comments:

A Sunshine Day said...

BEAUTIFUL & fun times & great memories!!!

Neena said...

Looks like so much fun!! Our little darlings look just precious in their Christmas outfits!!