Thursday, January 24, 2013

Micah

 We FINALLY got Micah's bedroom painted and decorated (for the most part)!  It's only taken us 6 months of living here to get it done!

Micah's room as you enter (I have since added blue dots to his letters above his bed...see the later picture on this post)

Collage of pictures...my baby boy is growing up tooooo fast!

His changing table/rocker

Our life verse for Micah

The other corner

A more "lived in" look!

With the polka-dot letters, crooked comforter, and vacuum in the corner!  (Hey...just keeping it real!)

I'm pretty proud of how his room has turned out!  He has plenty of floor space to play, and a whole storage system and closet full of toys!  

Micah also had his 9-mo. checkup this week (even though he is 10 months today)!  He weighed 19 lbs and was 29.5 inches long.  Developmentally he was right on track...the only thing he hadn't done was pull up to a standing position, but he decided to do that yesterday in the bathtub to show us he could!  :)  We couldn't ask for a more perfect appointment!
This little boy just lights up our lives these days.  He is a little sponge...learning, exploring, or trying something new every day.  He just figured out crawling early this week.  The first few times he'd crawl, we'd say, "come on, Micah" and then stop and clap for him when he'd crawl.  So, everytime I say, "come on, micah" now, he'll get into crawling position, then sit back up and clap for himself.  It's so cute!   With crawling, we have now entered a whole new stage of curiosity!   No longer can I leave him quietly playing on the living room rug while I clean up the kitchen after a meal!  HA!
He really is the happiest baby around.  If he is fussy, I can guarantee he is sleepy, hungry, or getting sick.  That's really the only time he fusses!  He loves his big sister to death (and she does him, also), and he can play in a room with her for 20-30 minutes sometimes (oh how heavenly!).  
He has started having a little bit of "mommy attachment" the last few weeks and has screamed when I've dropped him off in the nursery, but they've learned to quickly pull out a ball, and he's ready to play!  I really do think he's going to be a ball player someday...he simply loves to throw and roll a ball back and forth to you!
Micah is a great eater!  He takes 5-6 bottles a day and eats 3 good meals and cereal before bed.  I have yet to find anything that he really doesn't like!  I'm praying his tastes stay that way because I don't think I can handle two picky eaters!
 
My two favorite guys!

Madi "feeding" baby Micah.  He'd open his mouth everytime and then giggle after she'd stick the spoon in!
We just love our baby boy and are so blessed to have him in our lives!  An update on Madilyn coming soon!

2 comments:

Neena said...

Oh I love his room!! It is so cute!! Wonderful pictures of him too!! I would love to have that picture of Andy holding him!! It is so precious!! What a little darling!!

A Sunshine Day said...

His room is ADORABLE!!!! I GREATLY appreciate you keeping it real for us! You are such an amazing Mom & I love watching you document your lives through blogging! Thank you for letting us peak in! {and apparently I love the ! mark today ;-) }