It happened! Our not-so-baby girl turned 4 on March 3rd! I simply can't believe it's been 4 whole years since she joined our family!
We decided to "celebrate" her birthday on Saturday, March 2nd because of all of our church activities on Sunday. We let her open her presents on Saturday morning.
| A new dress! |
| A new swimsuit and coverup for our beach trip this summer! |
| And her "big" present...a Cinderella bike! |
| She loved it and rode it around the house all morning (because it was snowing and COLD outside!) |
We headed to Tupelo for the day. Our plan was to go to Chuck-E-Cheese and then to Toys-R-Us where she could pick out some toys with some birthday money she'd gotten from her sweet aunts. However, we got to Chuck-E-Cheese and there were NO parking spaces, so we decided to head to Toys-R-Us first and then try CEC again later.
Madi had fun in Toys-R-Us, and after about an hour of looking, these are the toys she decided on.
| "Bouncy" the yapping dog and a princess paper doll set |
By this time, it was about 2:30, and we were starving, but CEC had a line outside its doors and a 45-minute wait! Plus, did I mention it was snowing pretty hard??? We HATED to abandon CEC, but we just weren't up for waiting to play in a super-crowded area, so we headed over to Chick-Fil-A. She enjoyed her nuggets and playing in the play area there, probably more than she would have at CEC! :)
When we got home that evening, we enjoyed some yummy cupcakes...
and spent some time outside riding our new bike!
She caught on to the peddling thing pretty quick, and she loved taking her animals/dolls for rides!
On her actual birthday, Sunday, we ate donuts for breakfast, spent the morning at church, and then enjoyed some chicken and rice (her favorite) for lunch. We had a nice, relaxing day enjoying each other's company and celebrating our big girl!
The kids and I got up Monday morning and headed to Pine Bluff to spend some time with my family and celebrate my daddy's and Madilyn's birthday with them. Madilyn had her own little cake with sprinkles! Gramps had a yummy strawberry pound cake!
| Madi blew hard...and blew hard...and blew hard...third times a charm! :) |
| I love this pic of my big 4-yr-old! |
| Opening her big present from Gran and Gramps...a fish aquarium! |
| Reading her card and looking at her princess carriage from Mammaw |
I love that my baby girl and my daddy's birthdays are 1 day apart! It makes it fun celebrating them together! Madilyn simply LOVES her Gramps, and she wanted to cuddle with him and hear him tell her some stories from when he was little boy (which he doesn't mind doing either). :) They also watched a video from the Gulfarium, which we'll be going to with them at the beginnning of the summer!
We spent a few days in Arkansas, and I'll share more about that in my next post. We will be celebrating Madilyn's birthday with her other grandparents next weekend, and she can't wait!
We are so blessed to have this precious girl in our lives. I thank God for her and what a wonderful sweet, Christian young lady she is developing into. So blessed!
2 comments:
Oh what a wonderful post! Love seeing celebrations...I heart parties, ESPECIALLY those focused on kids! Loved seeing your parents in the pictures!!! How are they doing? Tell them I said hey & asked them (if they remember who I am).
I am a little late seeing these but just wanted to say I'm so glad our little darling had such a good time on her birthday and even before it!!
Post a Comment