Surprise....Shock....Lightheadedness - these were very accurate adjectives for me yesterday. (In a good way!!! This is NOT bad news!)
We had our doctor's appointment. Everything went perfectly! Jennifer hadn't gained any weight, but she hadn't lost any, either. Her blood pressure was perfect, as was her belly measurements. Madi's heartbeat was right on the money, too. Now, to the shocker...
No...we didn't find out Madi's actually a boy - we have an ultrasound next Thursday, so I guess that's still a possibility. :)
When the doctor was talking to us about Jen's blood pressure, she said that although it has been great, she takes special precautions, like: 1) having weekly appointments to monitor the blood pressure (which we started this week); 2) having non-stress tests (starting next week)....these are just to make sure the baby is moving normally, heart beating normally, etc...very routine, the doctor assured us. The next precaution is the shocker-good-news. The doctor is going to induce labor 2 weeks early!!
As I understand it, during a completely normal pregnancy (if there is such a thing), the blood vessels start to get more narrow toward the end of the pregnancy. Therefore, the nutrients to the baby via the placenta are decreased. Since Jennifer has "chronic hypertension," her blood vessels would have the tendency to decrease the nutrients even more. SO - the doctor said she would induce labor 2 weeks early. For those of you who may not have calculated...that's only 7 MORE WEEKS! Now, do you understand my lightheadedness? :)
We were both shocked (and a little scared) at first. Rushing something so life-changing is a lot to digest initially. But - we were soon over the shock and are thrilled that she'll be here earlier! We just can't wait to see her and hold her and care for her!
So - definitely keep us in your prayers. We know God is in control and will work everything out!
First week in March.....that's when she'll be here! (We haven't scheduled a date yet....don't know when that will happen!)
Oh, and by the way, if next Thursday we post that the ultrasound said it's a boy....please send in your donations. I am NOT repainting that room; I will have to hire somebody to paint!! However, there will be no repainting until the baby is here and I either see it or don't see it! :) :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sunday, March 1 sounds like a good day to have a baby to me!
I can't believe you posted on January 14th and not even a small shout out to your brother on his birthday!!! I am so hurt!!! LOL
Post a Comment