Sunday, January 31, 2010

Rough Week

This week has been tough for the Almand household. Madilyn came down with the stomach bug on Tuesday night, and we ended up making a trip to the ER before the night was over because we were afraid she was getting dehydrated. Thankfully, the doctor said she was going to be okay but just to keep a close eye on her. She slept most of the day Wednesday but seemed to perk up Wednesday night.
Then, Thursday night about midnight, I woke up with a horrible stomachache, and Andy began feeling sick around the same time. We both had the stomach bug! Boy, was it rough! I don't think I have ever been that sick in all my life.
Thankfully my grandmother was here in town and she and my aunt watched Madi on Friday so Andy and I could rest and get rid of the bug. By Friday evening we were feeling a little bit better and were able to get our little girl back and get things back to normal. Little did we know that she (or we) had passed the virus on to my grandmother who is now fighting it. Boy, are we ready for everybody to be well!
During all of this we had a lot of ice and snow, but I'm so thankful that we didn't lose power. Hoping this week will be better and everybody will be able to stay well!

No comments: