Thursday, March 19, 2009

Jen's First Post to the Blog


Alright, it's about time that I sat down and tried to make a post to the blog. Andy has done all of the posting since we set this blog up, but now that I'm at home with a little free time (during naps!), I thought I'd try it out!

Madi and I are doing great! I'm really enjoying being a mommy to such a sweet, precious little girl! We are still trying to get into a routine with naps, feedings, and play time, but I know that will come with time. We are doing really well at night (knock on wood)...we're sleeping 3-4 hours and waking only to eat and then go back to sleep. I feel more rested today than I have in several days, and that makes for a much smoother day.

Today we gave Madi her first "real" bath. She screamed pretty much through the whole thing, but I really think she just doesn't like being cold. Once she's wrapped up snug and warm in her towel, she's as content as can be. Some friends of ours are letting us borrow their space heater to see if that will help. Hopefully bath times will get a little easier and more enjoyable! I just can't wait to splash and play with her in the tub!

Thank you all for your prayers and well-wishes for us. We feel so blessed by God to be the parents to such a sweet girl.

2 comments:

Ashley & Chuck said...

Yea Jen!! Welcome to blogging!! Karis screamed during every bath for the first few months too. She'll start enjoying them soon though.

Anonymous said...

The blog is a wonderful way to keep in touch with you guys, without invading your space during this precious time with Madi. You are in our prayers for a speedy recovery and that Madi will truly bless your lives as Zach and Katelynn have ours. We love you guys!!!!