Jennifer is doing well. She has been incredible throughout the entire pregnancy and now through her recovery! I didn't mention in my last post, but her epidural wore off on one side of her body, so she felt her contractions. The doctor gave her a "boost" that worked for an hour or two, but toward the end, it wore off again. So, the last couple of hours, she felt all her contractions - and they were big and nasty! Now, she's already taken herself off the prescription pain killers and is only doing ibuprofen every 6 hours. She is still sore, but is moving around great!
Madilyn is doing great as well. Jennifer is nursing, which has been quite a chore! We thought, as many people probably do, that nursing is a natural thing. WRONG! It's hard work...for Jen and Madi. But, things seem to be going well now. Madi slept AWESOME last night, by the way!
We go to Jennifer's doctor tomorrow (or, later today as I'm writing this on Monday at 12:09 am) to check on her blood pressure, which is still a tad high. Madilyn has her one-week appointment on Tuesday. So, be in prayer for both of them.
I can't express in words how blessed I feel! You parents know the feeling - I've had several people tell me before Tuesday that there was nothing like being a parent. And that's the truth! We are so very blessed and we can't wait to bring up our little girl!
The adventure has begun!!!
2 comments:
To answer you question about uploading photos - sign up for a picasa account (its through google) and then you can copy and paste the html into blogger and its much faster!
And I'm glad all is going well! Congrats again!
Okay Andy.....we have had no update since Sunday. I know that you have taken 150 more pictures since then. BTW, Todd had taken 150 pics before we left the hospital. You better catch up!!!!
Post a Comment