Wednesday, November 28, 2012

A Wonderful Thanksgiving!

 
We have truly had a wonderful Thanksgiving with our families this year!  Be prepared for a bunch of pictures... :)
 
We left the Tuesday before Thanksgiving and headed to my parents in White Hall.  The weather was beautiful, so we enjoyed being outdoors!
Luckily for Madi, my parents had just bought a new washer and dryer and saved her the box to play in!  She had her own house that she decorated with a rug and stuffed animals!  :)
 
 
We spent all day Wednesday with my family and enjoyed a delicious dinner together that evening.
 
 
After dinner, we headed to see the Enchanted Christmas Trail of Lights at Regional Park.  It was really great, and Madi was one excited little girl the whole time!  No pictures though...  :(
 
On Thursday morning, we got up and headed to Magnolia to have Thanksgiving with Andy's mom's family.  These sweet cousins had a blast playing together!
 
 
We then headed to Prescott and spent Thursday, Friday, and Saturday with Andy's family.  There was a lot of playing going on with these two girls (and a little bossing and arguing too)!  :)
 
Little man had to shoot bows and arrows with the big guys!  :)
 
On Saturday, we got together with Andy's dad's side of the family and had a great time!  I forgot to pull the camera out for that, but we did try to get some cute pictures of the kids afterwards. 
 
Whew...it's hard to get four of them to look at the camera and smile at the same time!
Micah enjoyed bathing in the sink at Neena's house!
One of the girls' favorite things to do at Neena and Papa Dale's house is play music on Neena's electric piano and have a "dance party".  And, I have to add, that I "might" just have a few pictures of a certain Baptist Deacon Papa dancing with his granddaughter.  But, I was instructed not to post those, so I will abide by his wishes.  :)
 
Micah sure enjoyed some dancing, though! 
On Sunday morning, we got up and headed to Hot Springs to worship at Center Fork.  We enjoyed seeing everybody and catching up with friends!  After lunch, Andy had to head back to Oxford for school on Monday, but the kids and I hung out in Hot Springs for the evening and all day Monday.  We spent the day with Crystal and Ryan and had a blast!
 
We went back to Prescott Monday night and then spent all day Tuesday with this sweet girl and her sister!  We had a fun playtime with them also!
 On Tuesday afternoon we drove back to White Hall to spend the evening with my parents.  Madi helped Uncle Dep and Gran decorate the Christmas tree, and she watched two more episodes of "Lost in Space" with Gramps.  :)
 Micah picked up a new skill while in White Hall, too! 



 The kids and I headed back to Oxford today.  I was a little sad to leave everyone, but it helps to know that Christmas is just around the corner.  While living away right now is tough at times, I am finding that it is really making the holidays and times that we ARE together so much more special and sweet.  I am so thankful for wonderful families!  It's been a great Thanksgiving!









2 comments:

Neena said...

I agree it was a wonderful Thanksgiving!! We enjoyed our time with our sweet family!! Can't wait until Christmas!!

A Sunshine Day said...

You guys DID have a great Thanksgiving! I love reading about everyone's life happening on FB & through blogging! Since I live almost 4 hours from my parents, I totally get your comment about the times together being special! But man I miss just being right there!