When Andy began school back in August, this little girl was excited to begin her own "Mommy and Madi Preschool"! And, I have to admit, this mommy was pretty excited about it too! :)
Right now, we are just spending about 15-30 minutes 3-4 days a week working on a letter of the week. This was our first day...Letter A!
Later on that week we made an eggcarton Ant and then went on an ant hunt outside and made an "ant restaurant"! It was a lot of fun!
At first we weren't so good at writing our letters, but we've slowly been getting better! By the time we got to letter "C", Madi wrote her first word!
"D" is for Dalmation Dog!
"G" is for goldfish (a fun project and a tasty snack!)
Madi writing her letter "H"!
This week we are studying the letter "I" and made an igloo today! Another fun project and a tasty snack (but I would advise not using such a large cup...she lost interest pretty quickly!)
I also try to incorporate some counting and color and shape review in our lessons too. She now knows all of her colors, shapes, numbers through 17 (working to 20!), and can recognize all of her letters and knows all of the sounds for letters A-I. I'm so very proud of her! She gets so excited when I tell her its schooltime each morning! I hope her love for learning continues!
And what does Micah do during preschool? He's usually doing this... :) I try to coordinate it with his morning nap, but sometimes he just "plays" or "reads" himself to sleep in the swing!
I'm really loving this one-on-one time with Madilyn each day doing something she and I love - teaching and learning!
2 comments:
What a smart and precious little darling!! I can't believe she knows so many letters at 3!!! That little brother is pretty special too!!
Oh I think this is WONDERFUL!!!! You are doing an excellent job & I will pray Madi's excitement continues!!!!
Post a Comment