This blog post is brought to you by the letter "D."
DOUGHNUT DATE: About a month after I had been back in school, Madilyn kept asking why I had to leave for work....and would I be gone all day....kinda broke my heart, truthfully. But, she's been very understanding lately. She still doesn't like that I have to be gone so much (neither do I!), but we're all adjusting well. When I told her that we were going to have a Daddy-Daughter Doughnut Date, she was VERY excited! We also had a few other things to do today....here are pictures from our date.
Posing for a picture before breakfast.
Chowing down! She ate two whole doughnuts!!
DONATION: After we ate our breakfast, we took a load of old stuff to Goodwill. After we unloaded the stuff, we talked about the boys and girls that didn't have a lot of Christmas presents and our donation of toys and clothes could help those kids have a better Christmas. After we talked about that, we prayed for those kids. She said such a sweet little prayer!
DOLLAR TREE: In anticipation of our trip to Arkansas, Jennifer suggested we take a trip to Dollar Tree and get a couple of $1 items to play with in the car on the way. I didn't get a picture, but she picked a squishy ball and a play whale...neither of which she played with on the way. :)
DEVIL STORE: A trip into town isn't complete without going to Wal-Mart. (I contend it's the devil store because you go expecting to spend $20 and you leave spending $100!) Mommy needed a few things, so we went. The shopping trip is loads better if she can play with a stuffed animal, so when she saw a big Santa at the front of the store, we HAD to let him ride with us. Here she is giving him a big hug!
When we got home, we finished putting decorations on the Christmas tree and she was a super helper! (We'll have a post about Christmas decorations later, I'm sure.) Madi Kaye and I had a great time together today. I love our special times with just the two of us!
This next picture was not taken today....it was taken last Sunday before church. Isn't she just too gorgeous? She's growing up so quickly!
Love, love, love this precious girl!!





3 comments:
I am so glad that you and Madi had some special time together!! Looks like it was a fun day!! She is growing up so fast!! Love that baby doll!!
I don't know why my name did not post. But I wrote that anonymous post!!
Daddy-Daughter Dates are ALWAYS so special!!! I'm glad you guys take time to do them!!!!
Post a Comment